- Setting the standard for CRB & DBS Checks
To support your application the CRB requires that you produce a number of documents that confirm the information you have provided on the application form (electronic or paper). Without this check the application could be made by somebody other than the subject and the Disclosure could be sent to somebody else who has no right to the information.
All original documents sent to DDC will be sent back within 2 working days by Royal Mail's "Tracked Delivery" service. As the name suggests, this is tracked at every stage through the postal system and requires a signature as proof of delivery. (It is the commercial equivalent of their over-the-counter "Special Delivery" service)
From the 1st September 2012 the CRB require that new document checking regime is followed
The acceptable documents are divided into the 3 groups shown below.
All documents presented for checking must be ORIGINALS (photocopies are NOT acceptable) and in your current name (apart from a UK Birth Certificate).
At least one document must show your current address and one must show your date of birth.
If you have a valid passport and/or a UK photocard drivers licence you must produce these, plus one or two other
documents from any group to make a minimum of 3 documents in total (more is better).
If you do not have a valid passport and/or UK photocard drivers licence, a UK original birth certificate or, for
non-UK citizens, a biometric residence permit can be accepted as an alternative (Plus a minimum of 2 other documents).
UK and EEA citizens who cannot produce any Group 1 document can provide 1 or 2 documents from Group 2a plus
2 or 3 documents from Group 2b AND consent to DDC undertaking an Identity Verification Check with Experian Ltd*
UK and EEA citizens who cannot prioduce the required documentation and non-EEA
ONLY ONE DOCUMENT OF ANY CATEGORY ALLOWED (i.e. Not 2 bank statements)
Documents must be from different organisations e.g. a Nat West bank statement and a Nat West credit card statement would not be acceptable as 2 documents.
- Valid Passport
- Valid UK Photocard Driving Licence
- Original UK Birth Certificate (issued within 12 months of date of birth)
- UK Biometric Residence Permit
- Valid old-style paper UK Driving Licence
- Valid non-UK photocard Driving Licence (Acceptable only for applications submitted from outside the UK or within 12 months of entry to the UK)
- Valid Fire Arms Certificate
- Adoption certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Non-original UK birth certificate (issued more than12 months after date of birth)
- Mortgage statement (UK or EEA issuer)**
- P45/P60 statement**
- Bank or building society statement (UK or EEA issuer)*
- Bank or building society account opening confirmation letter (UK issuer)
- Utility bill (electricity, gas, water, NOT mobile telephone)* (UK issuer)
- Credit card statement* (UK or EEA issuer)
- Valid photo identity card (EU countries only)
- Correspondence/document from the Benefits Agency, the Employment Service, the Inland Revenue or a Local Authority giving entitlement*
- Letter of sponsorship from future emploment provider (Acceptable only for applications submitted from outside the UK or EEA)
- Financial Statement (e.g. Pension, endowment, ISA)**
- Council Tax statement **
- Benefits statement*
- Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK)
- UK Work permit/visa
- Letter from a Head Teacher or College Principal (only acceptable as a last resort for 16-19 year olds in full-time education)
* this documentation should be less than 3 months old
**this document must have been issued within the past 12 months