Paper-Form based Process
Where clients want the minimum involvement in the CRB checking process or the structure of the organisation is such that they cannot easily undertake the original document checks, DDC has a comprehensive service that will undertake all aspects of the application process.
Clients simply need to provide us with the contact details of the applicant and the level of check required, which ISA Barred Lists need checking and whether the role is paid or voluntary. For most clients this is always the same so we can set defaults so only the role details are only needed if they differ.
We will also need to know if the check is to be directed to Disclosure Scotland.
The above data can be keyed directly into our database via the web site, but almost any method of communication can be used.
The standard procedure is to send a Disclosure Application Pack (DAP) directly to the applicant's contact address (provided by the client) by 1st class post.
The pack consists of :-
- Personalised covering letter from DDC explaining who is requesting the check, what to do with the completed form, what will happen next and how to contact us if they need any help or have any concerns.
- CRB or SCRO Disclosure Application Form (DAF)
- DDC produced Guidance Notes for completing the DAF. These are 1 x A4 sheet as opposed to the CRB's 16 x A4 pages.
- DDC produced Continuation Sheet (with instructions for completion on the reverse)
- Addressed envelope to return the completed DAF to DDC along with their documents (the covering letter strongly advises that this is sent by recorded delivery)
The pack can also include a letter from the client for situations where the client has not informed the applicants about the program internally, and receiving the pack "out of the blue" could have a negative impact. DDC can produce this letter, subject to the client approving the wording, onto the client's letterhead. Some clients use the reverse to provide their written policies concerning Disclosures.
For clients who wish to distribute the packs themselves e.g. give it to the applicant at interview, we will provide a stock of generic DAP's, though this does prevent our tracking and expediting applications outstanding with applicants (see Tracking Outstanding Forms)
Where DDC are checking the applicant's original documents, these will be returned within 2 working days of our receiving them by 1st class Recorded Delivery post.
Any errors or omissions on the form will be corrected directly with the applicant and wherever possible the form data will be transferred to DDC's system for submission to the CRB by eBulk.
Any questions? Contact us on 0845 644 3298 (in office hours) or send us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.