Sample wording for polices & clauses to incorporate Disclosures
For organisations using Disclosures for the first time, their introduction usually requires a change to their terms and conditions of employment.
For new employees this is reasonably straightforward, but to introduce the same changes to existing employees can be more difficult, as with any retrospective changes to terms and conditions.
In either case DDC has contracted an employment law consultant to produce generic sample wording for all clauses, policies and procedures that may be required when using Disclosures. This includes policies for :-
- Recruitment of ex-offenders
- Use, storage and dissemination of any Disclosure content received
- Introducing Disclosures to existing staff
- Incorporating the requirement for a Disclosure in the recruitment process
- Dealing with recordable (on a Disclosure) offences committed whilst employed (in or outside the workplace)
Clauses for incorporating the requirement for a Disclosure into:-
- Job advertisements
- Application forms
- Interview process
- Employment offers
- Terms & conditions of employment
These sample wordings are provided free of charge and are located in the Client Area. Registered clients may adopt them or adapt them as they wish, although we would always recommend that where the wordings are incorporated into existing documents or procedures, these are checked in their entirety by an HR professional.