Welcome to the Physio First Vetting & Barring Scheme
Physio First and Due Diligence Checking have teamed up to bring you the Physio First Vetting & Barring Scheme. This will enable you, the Physio First members to obtain an Enhanced DBS Disclosure (formerly CRB) under Physio First.
How do I join the Scheme?
The way this works is simple. You need to apply to join the Scheme via the online portal which is available by pressing the start button towards the bottom of this page. Please read the below step-by-step guidance on joining the Scheme:
- Step 1 – Initial Registration Click the Start button below to go through to the Registration Page. On this page you will need to enter your membership number. This will enable DDC Ltd to identify you as a member of Physio First. You will also need to enter your name, address and contact details. You will also be asked to enter a username and password which will allow you access to the online form. Please record this safely for future use.
- Step 2 – Make Payment Once details have been submitted and the price confirmed, you will be taken to a payment portal where you can enter your payment card details. Please ensure that you have your Payment Card Details to hand, to enter on this secure website.
- Step 3 – Complete Online Application Form Once payment details have been processed you will be taken to an online application page which will provide further guidance on the process of filling out the form and the information you will need to enter, such as a full 5 year address history. This includes details of your ID documents such as a Passport, Driving Licence or Original UK Birth Certificate. For more information on the document requirements you can read our ‘Applicant Guidance’ pages. You can also access the form, once logged in, via the menu at the top of the page by clicking ‘Form’.
- Step 4 – Post Documents to DDC Ltd Once you have entered your form information and submitted document details you will be taken to a final page confirming that DDC Ltd have posted a self-addressed envelope to you, so you can post them your original ID documents. Please ensure that you send the exact same documents that you have nominated online, to ensure there is no delay in processing your application. There should be a minimum of 3 documents nominated. DDC Ltd will also post you a paper application form with the pack if you would prefer to complete this by hand rather than online, which can be returned with the ID documents. Please note that this may delay your application slightly. Further guidance on eligible documents can be found in this pack.
- Step 5 – DDC to Process the Application DDC Ltd will process your application and submit it to the Disclosure and Barring Service (or Disclosure Scotland/Access Northern Ireland). Your original ID documents will be returned by Royal Mail ‘Tracked Delivery’. This will require a signature upon delivery, or if you are not available Royal Mail will store the package at your local sorting office for up to 18 days, after leaving a ‘calling card’. If you would prefer not to sign for this package please indicate on the paper form, or include a note with your documents. If you have provided a mobile phone number or email address we will send you an SMS/email to confirm when the package is on it’s way back to you, and guidance on how you can track it.
- Step 6 – DBS/Disclosure Scotland/AccessNI Issue Disclosure The DBS or Disclosure Scotland will post you a Certificate, to your home address as entered on to the form. Please note that for DBS applications this is the only copy of the Certificate and you may be required to show this to a member of the Physio First council if requested.
- Step 7 – Join the Update Service (optional) The DBS offer an Update Service which applicants can choose to join, for an annual fee. This could potentially enable you to re-use your Certificate for a role which has the same Disclosure level, workforce, Vetting and Barring Lists and volunteer status as your current Certificate. Applicants must join the Scheme and pay the first year’s fee within 19 days of the Certificate issue date. For more information on the DBS Update Service please follow the link.
When returning completed application forms and documents, DDC will aim to post them back the same day they are received. If you have provided an email address and/or mobile number we will also contact you to confirm when the items have been posted, plus the tracking details to obtain an update via the Royal Mail website. Royal Mail Tracked Service normally takes 3-5 day for delivery, however you can upgrade the postal return route if you wish. For more information please go to DDC postage options page.
Do you work from home?
If you are carrying out your physiotherapy role from your home address please contact one of the team on 0845 644 3298. The DBS have a very specific guidance relating to a role that can be classed as ‘working from home’. We will manually include this information on your form submission once you have informed us that this is the case. Please note that this only applies to DBS applications.
PVG check (Scotland) & AccessNI check (Northern Ireland)
If you are living and working in Scotland or Northern Ireland you will need to email DDC Ltd directly at email@example.com to confirm the request for a PVG Check (or Update if you are an existing Scheme Member) or AccessNI check. Please include the following details in your email:
- Full Name
- Email address
- Contact Telephone Number
- Postal address including postcode
- Type of check required (AccessNI or PVG and if already part of the scheme)
- Physio First Membership number (so we can confirm your status with Physio First)
DDC Ltd will then contact you to confirm the application type you need, collect payment and post an application pack directly to you. This is because Disclosure Scotland do not currently have an online application process available. For AccessNI applications DDC will post you the information required to register and use the online portal, and then send ID documents/forms back to our offices.
Click Start to begin
Practice Principals with non Physio First members carrying out work for Bupa
If you are a practice principle, and want to take on the responsibility for managing applications and content for Physio’s who work in your practice, then DDC can help you.
You will need to register your organisation with DDC and set up your own account to start administering checks on your staff and Physiotherapists. There is no registration fee and this only takes a few minutes to compete.
Go to the Register Now page above or click here