I have been told to get a Disclosure. What do I need to do?

March 14th, 2013 by Jonathan Bazely

If you have been told by your manager or supervisor to get a Disclosure on yourself, then the only level of Disclosure that your are able to obtain is a Basic-level Disclosure. Anybody may request a basic level disclosure on themselves, and this can be done directly through the DBS or Disclosure Scotland if living in Scotland. You can read more on our Basic Disclosure page.

If you have been told to obtain a Disclosure through DDC you should have been given a link or received an email containing more details. If not please contact us directly.

If you are about to start working in a role that involves children or vulnerable adults, you may be required to obtain a Standard or Enhanced level Disclosure. These levels of Disclosure are not available to individuals, so they can only be requested by an eligible ‘Interested Party’, such as a charity, NGO or company. Once that organisation has confirmed they are permitted to request these levels of Disclosure, they can start the process, and the relevant forms will be provided to you.

If you think that you may need this level of check for your employees, you can visit our ‘Standard and Enhanced Checks‘ page for more information.

Open  FAQ

  • Posted in FAQs, Getting Started
  • Comments Off on I have been told to get a Disclosure. What do I need to do?