This webpage has been created by Due Diligence Checking Ltd., in conjunction with The Well Pharmacy, to enable all current Well Locum Pharmacists to obtain an up to date DBS or PVG check. The Well Pharmacy are currently in the process of updating its Locum Agreement to tie in with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) checks.
DBS check (England & Wales)
For all DBS applications follow the below process, which can be initiated by pressing the start button at the bottom of this page:
- Step 1 – Initial Registration Click the link below to go through to the Registration Page. On this page you will need to enter your payroll number as found on your wage slips. This will enable DDC Ltd to identify you as a locum currently working with Well. You will also need to enter your name, address and contact details. You will also be asked to enter a username and password which will allow you access to the online form. Please record this safely for future use.
- Step 2 – Make Payment Once details have been submitted and the price confirmed, you will be taken to a payment portal where you can enter your payment card details to make payment for the check. Please ensure that you have your Payment Card Details to hand, to enter on this secure website.
- Step 3 – Complete Online Application Form Once payment details have been processed you will be taken to an online application page which will provide further guidance on the process of filling out the form and the information you will need to enter, such as a full 5 year address history. This includes details of your ID documents such as a Passport, Driving Licence or Original UK Birth Certificate. For more information please see our DBS Document Requirements page.
- Step 4 – Post Documents to DDC Ltd Once you have entered your form information and submitted document details you will be taken to a final page confirming that DDC Ltd have posted a self-addressed envelope to you, so you can post your original ID documents. Please ensure that you send the exact same documents that have nominated online, to ensure there is no delay in processing your application. There should be a minimum of 3 documents nominated. DDC Ltd will also post you a paper application form to complete if you would prefer not to complete the online process, which can be returned with the ID documents. Please note that this may delay your application slightly. Further guidance on eligible documents can be found in this pack.
- Step 5 – DDC to Process the Application DDC Ltd will process your application and submit it to the Disclosure and Barring Service (or Disclosure Scotland/Access Northern Ireland). Your original ID documents will be returned by Royal Mail ‘Tracked Delivery’. This will require a signature upon delivery, or if you are not available they will store the package at your local sorting office for up to 18 days, after leaving a ‘calling card’. If you would prefer not to sign for this package please indicate on the paper form, or include a note with your documents. If you have provided a mobile telephone number and/or email address you will receive further information relating to the return of identity documents, including the reference numbers to track their progress. Please follow the link for more information on DDC Postage Options if you wish to upgrade the postal return route.
- Step 6 – DBS/Disclosure Scotland Issue Disclosure The DBS, Disclosure Scotland or AccessNI will post you a Certificate, to your home address as entered on to the form. Please note that for DBS applications this is the only copy of the Certificate and you may be required to show this to a member of the Well Pharmacy HR Team.
- Step 7 – Join the Update Service (optional)The DBS offer an Update Service which applicants can choose to join, for an annual fee. This could potentially enable you to re-use your Certificate for a role which has the same Disclosure level, workforce, Vetting and Barring Lists and volunteer status as your current Certifcate. Applicants must join the Scheme and pay the first year’s fee within 19 days of the Certificate issue date.
Click Start to begin
PVG check (Scotland) & AccessNI check (Northern Ireland)
If you are living and working in Scotland or Northern Ireland you will need to email DDC Ltd directly at email@example.com to confirm the request for a PVG Check (or Update if you are an existing Scheme Member) or AccessNI check. Please include the following details in your email:
- Full Name
- Email address
- Contact Telephone Number
- Postal address including postcode
- Type of check required (AccessNI or PVG)
- Payroll number (so we can confirm your status with Well Pharmacy)
DDC Ltd will then contact you to confirm the application type you need, collect payment and post an application pack directly to you. This is because Disclosure Scotland and Access NI do not currently have an online application process available.