Can I use a c/o address for my application?

February 10th, 2014 by Jonathan Bazely

The DBS will allow applicants living overseas to use a ‘Care of’ address, as they are unlikely to receive their Certificate at their home address, as the DBS may not post their Certificate. The applicant must provide permission for their Certificate to be sent to this address, and the form must clearly identify this as a c/o address. This option is not available for UK residents and should only be used as a last resort.

For applicants applying through DDC Ltd we will need an email/letter from the applicant to confirm this request and a reason for the change. We can only process this request before the application is submitted to the DBS, so please include a note with your return paper pack or send an email prior to submitting your online application.

Related questions:

What happens if there is a change in personal circumstances during the checking process?
I have lost my DBS Certificate. Can I get another copy?

Open  FAQ